Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"Ocean's Thunder" 12x16 Oil


Here's my latest oil painting "Ocean's Thunder." I'm really happy with this painting. For me, this was quite an accomplishment. I set out to do a few things with this painting and upon completion realized I achieved what I set out to do and that's a GREAT feeling!

In the next week, I will post progression images of my time working on this painting at different stages. I'll discuss what challenges I faced during the five weeks it took me to complete this painting. That is one of the first accomplishments for this artwork. I set out to finish this quickly and five weeks is light speed for me! I've been struggling a bit with perspective and I feel I really gave the rocks the perspective I was looking for. Another goal for this painting was to make the rocks look like...I don't know...ROCKS!?! I can confidently say I feel I did that also. My first attempt at rocks in oil was a DISASTER!!!

I would love your thoughts on this painting, I've very proud of the results. Hope you enjoy! 

Stay tuned for my next post.


4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a strong piece...can't wait to see the progression!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin! The blog post will probably take as long as the painting did, but stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great painting Jeff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Erika! I enjoyed painting this one. On to the next one!!

    ReplyDelete