Wednesday, April 4, 2012

"7AM - Bridge Street, Chatham" 16x20 Pastel


Finally back to posting some images of my paintings!

I have been very busy preparing for the Melrose Arts Festival, the Newburyport Art Association shows, jury submissions, plein air painting and more!! MOST importantly, I've been getting in some quality painting time! I am currently working on about five different paintings in oil and pastel in many different sizes too. This is the first to be completed of the bunch.

I actually documented every stroke on the canvas while painting this pastel. I plan on posting images this week and explaining my thoughts while working on this painting.

I am very pleased with the results of this painting and I hope you are too. Please feel free to comment, I've put in a lot of hours and really, really enjoyed painting it! Probably because of the memories...I will never forget this morning during my trip to Chatham last fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment